Some Beliefs About Moonstones
1.Moonstone is the most valuable stone from the feldspar group.
2. It was named by the Romans.
3. A sacred stone in India, it was believed to bring the wearer beautiful visions. Indian astrologers say that the stone was used to befriend the Moon.
4. Moonstones were and are used for scrying and some ancients believed that to tell your own fortune you needed to hold a moonstone in your mouth.
5. Other ancient people believed you could see the crescent and waning phases of the Moon in the stone.
6. In many areas of the world, moonstone is believed to bring good fortune to its wearer.
7. It is believed in some cultures to specifically protect women and children.
8. Moonstones are also believed to enhance passion, strengthen emotional and subconscious aspects, our intuition and our capacity to understand.
9. The Moonstone is also called the lover's stone, said to enhance feelings and safeguard love/keeps lovers faithful.
10. In Arab countries moonstone a symbol of fertility and women often sew them into their garments.
11. From Antiquity to the Middle Ages the moonstone was assigned to the planets Neptune and Venus.
12. Moonstone is said to be of help for headaches and backache.
13. Some legends say moonstones were formed out of the rays of the moon.
14. Other legends say you can see the future in a moonstone during a waning moon.